Last updated 9.27.2020
Dongsan Korean Reformed Church will resume in-person worship for the EM congregation beginning Sunday, October 11.
The church consistory has outlined the following steps to facilitate the re-opening of the church to its members.
Stage 2 (Beginning October 11)
- The YG sanctuary will be reopened for in-person EM Sunday worship service at 11 a.m.
The livestream YG worship broadcast will likewise move to 11 a.m.
DSYG Family Group Bible Study will be moved to 12:30 p.m.
- Seating will be limited to 20 congregants and can be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- EM congregants will be able to reserve a seat by emailing email@example.com with subject line: seating reservation.
Congregants must be at least 18 years of age and graduated high school to attend in-person worship.
- Congregants will be able to enter the YG sanctuary beginning 10 minutes prior to the start of worship.
- Upon entering the sanctuary, all attendees will be asked to sign-in and sanitize their hands.
- All congregants are asked to vacate church premises immediately following the conclusion of the Sunday worship service.
- As per church policy, all congregants must wear N95, KN95, or KF94 respiratory masks upon entering church premises. These masks must remain on throughout the duration of worship and until you have exited church premises.
If you do not have one of these masks or wear an incorrect mask, you will have the option to purchase one from the church for a $2 fee.
For additional information regarding church-wide policies, please read the Stage 1 protocols below.
Stage 1 (Beginning July 19)
- The main sanctuary will be reopened for KM Sunday worship services at 11 a.m.
- Seating will be limited to 50 congregants.
- Congregants can reserve seating in the sanctuary by contacting their community group leaders who will confirm their attendance with Elder Shin.
- The following groups are recommended to remain at home and worship along online.
Congregants aged 70 and older
Congregants with underlying medical conditions
Congregants suffering from fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other flu-like symptoms
- Congregants who have recently travelled from foreign countries or states under quarantine order by New York state are required to self-quarantine for 14 days before attending worship.
- Church vehicles will not be available for transportation to and from church.
- Parking will be available in alternating spots to practice social distancing. Please do not park in a spot with a traffic cone.
- All congregants are required to wear N95, KN95, or KF94 respiratory masks upon entering church premises. Congregants are not allowed to remove their respiratory masks until they have exited the premises. Other face coverings such as surgical or fashion masks are not allowed.
- All congregants are required to maintain social distancing practices upon entering the church building.
According to the CDC’s website, social distancing (or physical distancing) means:
– Stay at least 6 feet from other people
– Do not gather in groups
– Stay out of crowded places
- Prior to entering the sanctuary, congregants will undergo precautionary temperature screening. If your temperature is over 100ºF, you will be asked to return home.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at entrances and other locations throughout the church for personal use.
- Vinyl gloves and a worship bulletin will be provided.
- Congregants are asked to follow the worship committee’s directions regarding when to enter and exit the sanctuary.
- Congregants are encouraged to give their offerings online or leave their offering at the basket located at the sanctuary entrance.
- Upon entering the sanctuary, congregants are asked to sit at a seat designated with a sticker.
- Restrooms will be open for public use. All congregants are asked to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer after using the facilities.
- Water fountains will remain closed. Congregants are encouraged to bring their own beverages.
- To minimize the chance of community spread, all other rooms in the church building will remain closed to the public.
- Coffee and lunch will not be provided, but bottled water will be available.
- English Ministry and Youth Group services will remain suspended during Step 1. Online services will remain available every Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
Parents with children in Youth Group or Sunday School are asked to refrain from bringing their children to church.